The Witcher is yet another fantasy novel series turned into a television drama revolving around medieval times on the place named the Continent where the storyline revolves around destiny-linked Geralt of Rivia and Princess Ciri. The same name novel has been written by Andrzej Sapkowski. The creation of the series has been done by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich.
The second season of the drama series will unfurl on the grounds of the previously released season and the characters will be explored in greater detail. The upcoming season will also include the author’s GAIN OF TRUTH. The backstory of not only Geralt but also of Nivellen will be explored in detail as the season is all about family and the secrets that are kept hidden. Adding to this, Lauren said the season will be more intense than the previous ones and the characters will be seen battling not only the outsides evils but even the demons that they hold inside of them. The season will mark the building of characters and getting familiarized with the depth of the storyline to unfold what’s coming in the further seasons.
Official trailer for The Witcher Season 2, debuting on December 17 on Netflix ⚔️ pic.twitter.com/YfapCRjJJw
— The Witcher (@witchernetflxtv) October 29, 2021
IS CAVILL BEING FIRED?
With the covid crisis and England getting trapped in the battle of the covid mutant, the series got delayed. The main reason for the same is that England was the focus of the fantasy drama and marked the major location for shooting. Also, Hivju Got covid positive which led to the shutting down of the shooting and as a result, the work got delayed. Adding to this Henry Cavill, the lead actor faced some leg injury. This continuous delay ignited the rumor of the actor being removed from the third season of the series. As per the variety magazine, Netflix thinks that the delay in the series was bought in due to Cavill and his presence just added bad luck in the series. Further, the report also said that the makers have finalized White Collar fame MATT BOMER for the role of Geralt thus replacing Cavill.
However, speaking in an interview, Superman fame said that he was very happy to be a part of such a project and is looking forward to continuing on the same as long as the script keeps generating interest in him. Also, no confirmation on this firing has been given by the makers and neither by the lead actor himself. For now, the actor holds quite a good position in the cast and will be seen in the upcoming season.
CAST- REPRISING AND NEW FACES
As far as the main cast of the series is concerned,
- Henry Cavill is returning for his role of Witcher or Geralt of Rivia.
- Freya Allan will return for the role of the crown princess of Cintra or Cirilla “Ciri”.
- Anya Chalotra will reprie her role of quarter elf soceress or Yennefer.
- Royce Pierreson in the role of historian and sorcerer or Istredd.
- Joey Batey as a traveling bard or Jaskier.
- Anna Shaffer will return as the sorceress in the role of Triss Merigold.
- Mimi Ndiweni who’s the role of sorceress as Fringilla Vigo will be further explored.
Apart from the already returning actors, the upcoming season will also witness the addition of some new faces which include
- Kristofer Hivju who played Tormund in the famous Game of Thrones will be seen as Nivellen.
- Chris Fulton who depicted Phillip Crane in Bridgerton will be seen as Rience.
- Adjoa Andoh who appeared as Francine Jones in Doctor Who will be seen as Nenneke.
- Liz Carr who played Dr. Marlow in The OA will be seen playing Fenn.
Also, Graham McTavish, Aisha Fabienne Ross, Simon Callow, Yasen Atour, Basil Eidenbenz, Agnes Bjorn, Kevin Doyle, Paul Bullion, Cassie Clare, and Mecia Simson will be seen appearing as Dijkstra, Lydia, Codringher, Coen, Eskel, Vereena, Ba’lian, Lamber, Phillipa Eilhart and Francesca respectively.
TRAILER AND RELEASE
The official trailer has been launched a month ago with the season’s release on 17 December this year.