Who is Giuliana Bruno?
Giuliana Bruno is a scholar of visual art and media. She is currently the Emmet Blakeney Gleason Professor of Visual and Environmental Studies at Harvard University. She is internationally known as the author of numerous influential books and articles on art, architecture, film, and visual culture
Some of her notable works include:
- Surface: Matters of Aesthetics, Materiality, and Media (2014), which explores the concept of materiality in contemporary art.
- Atlas of Emotion: Journeys in Art, Architecture, and Film (2002), which won the 2003 Kraszna-Krausz Book Award in Culture and History and was named a Book of the Year by the Guardian.
- Public Intimacy: Architecture and the Visual Arts (2007), which examines the relationship between public space and private experience.
- Streetwalking on a Ruined Map (1993), which traces the cultural memory of modernity through city films.
She has also contributed to numerous monographs and exhibition catalogues on contemporary artists, such as Isaac Julien, Jesper Just, Jane and Louise Wilson, Chantal Akerman, Diana Thater, Rosa Barba, and Tara Donovan
Who is Joe Bruno?
Joe Bruno is a government and breaking news reporter for WSOC-TV in Charlotte, North Carolina. He has been a reporter in Charlotte since 2014. He has won several awards for his journalism, including Cronkite, duPont, Emmy and Polk awards. He is also a member of the Forbes 30 Under 30 class of 2020
Some of his notable stories include:
- The investigation into the absentee ballot fraud scheme in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District in 2018, which led to a new election and criminal charges against several operatives
- The coverage of the mass shooting at UNC Charlotte in 2019, which killed two students and injured four others. He interviewed the family members of the victims and revealed the heroic actions of one of them, Riley Howell, who tackled the gunman
- The exclusive interview with rapper DaBaby after his arrest in Charlotte in 2019. He also reported on his charitable efforts during the pandemic
- The scoop on Mick Jagger’s visit to a local dive bar in Charlotte in 2021. He obtained a photo of the Rolling Stones frontman with unsuspecting patrons who had tickets to his concert
Are They Related?
There is no evidence that Giuliana Bruno and Joe Bruno are related by blood or marriage. They share a common surname, which is derived from the Germanic word “brun”, meaning “brown”. It is a very common surname in Italy and other parts of Europe, as well as in America
According to sitename Ancestry.com, there are more than 100,000 people with the last name Bruno in the United States alone It is possible that they have some distant ancestors in common, but it is unlikely that they have any direct or close connection.
Therefore, it is safe to say that Giuliana Bruno and Joe Bruno are not related, but rather a curious case of name coincidence.