Luke Bracey is a rising star in Hollywood, who has appeared in movies like Point Break, Hacksaw Ridge, and most recently, Netflix’s Holidate. He is also an Australian actor, who started his career in the popular soap opera Home and Away. But is he related to another famous Australian actor, who also starred in Home and Away, and who tragically passed away in 2008? Is Luke Bracey related to Heath Ledger?
The Short Answer: No
The short answer is no, Luke Bracey is not related to Heath Ledger by blood or by marriage. They do not share any common ancestors or relatives, as far as we know. They are not cousins, brothers, or nephews of each other. They are simply two actors who happen to come from the same country and who have worked in the same show.
The Long Answer: They Have Some Connections
The long answer is that Luke Bracey and Heath Ledger do have some connections, besides being Australian and being part of Home and Away. Here are some of the ways they are linked:
- They both played the same character in Home and Away. Luke Bracey joined the cast of Home and Away in 2009 as Trey Palmer, a bully who was arrested for attempted murder. Heath Ledger played the same role in 1997, when he was only 18 years old. He left the show after 10 episodes to pursue bigger roles in Hollywood.
- They both auditioned for the role of Spider-Man. Luke Bracey was one of the contenders to play Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, before Tom Holland was cast. He even did a screen test with Robert Downey Jr., who plays Iron Man. Heath Ledger also auditioned for the role of Spider-Man in 2002, but lost to Tobey Maguire.
- They both have worked with Mel Gibson. Luke Bracey starred alongside Mel Gibson in Hacksaw Ridge, a war drama that earned him critical acclaim and a nomination for the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role. Heath Ledger co-starred with Mel Gibson in The Patriot, a historical epic that was one of his first major Hollywood films.
- They both have been involved in charity work. Luke Bracey is an ambassador for the Heath Ledger Scholarship, a fund that supports emerging Australian actors who want to pursue a career in Hollywood. The scholarship was established by Heath Ledger’s family and friends after his death. Luke Bracey won the scholarship in 2012 and has since been a mentor and a judge for other applicants.
- They both have dated Hollywood actresses. Luke Bracey has been romantically linked to several actresses, such as Selena Gomez, Dianna Agron, Eiza Gonzalez, and Emma Roberts. Heath Ledger had high-profile relationships with actresses like Naomi Watts, Michelle Williams, and Mary-Kate Olsen.
The Conclusion: They Are Not Related, But They Have A Lot In Common
Luke Bracey and Heath Ledger are not related by blood or by marriage, but they do have a lot of things in common. They are both talented and handsome Australian actors who have made their mark in Hollywood. They have also shared some similar experiences and challenges in their careers and personal lives. They are both admired and respected by their fans and peers.
According to POPSUGAR, Luke Bracey does not think of himself as a “sex symbol” or a “heartthrob”. He told Interview that he likes to keep it quiet and simple, and that he does not have a need to live a Hollywood lifestyle. He also said that he does not compare himself to other actors, especially not to Heath Ledger.
“Heath was an amazing actor,” he said. “He was one of those guys that you watch and you’re like, ‘Wow.’ He had something special.”