Veuem.com is an online store that claims to sell items like jewelry, hair rollers, handheld sewing machines and more at cheap prices. The store also offers discounts and free shipping on some products. However, before you shop at Veuem.com, you should be aware of some red flags that indicate that the store may not be trustworthy or legitimate. In this article, we will review Veuem.com and provide some tips on how to avoid online shopping scams.
What is Veuem.com?
Veuem.com is a website that was registered on 17 April 2023, according to Whois.com. The website does not provide any information about the owner, location or contact details of the store, except for an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The website also has a poor design and layout, with many spelling and grammatical errors. The website sells various products such as:
- Portable 3-in-1 Foldable Travel MagSafe Wireless Charger for iPhone 13, Apple Watch and AirPods
- Sunflower Fidget Ring
- Cordless Automatic Hair Curler
- Portable Handheld Sewing Machine
- Chop Cuttable Foods Without Tiredness
- Toy with a Moveable Eyeball
The products are sold at suspiciously low prices, with discounts ranging from 33% to 50%. The website also claims to offer free shipping on orders over $39.99.
What are the red flags of Veuem.com?
There are several red flags that suggest that Veuem.com may not be a reliable or legitimate online store. Some of these are:
- Lack of transparency: The website does not provide any information about the owner, location or contact details of the store, except for an email address. This makes it difficult for customers to verify the credibility or authenticity of the store or to contact them in case of any issues or complaints.
- Poor design and content: The website has a poor design and layout, with many spelling and grammatical errors. The website also uses generic images and descriptions for its products, which do not match the actual products or their features. For example, the product page for the Portable 3-in-1 Foldable Travel MagSafe Wireless Charger shows an image of a different product and does not mention anything about MagSafe compatibility.
- Unrealistic prices and discounts: The website sells its products at suspiciously low prices, with discounts ranging from 33% to 50%. These prices are too good to be true and may indicate that the products are of low quality, counterfeit or non-existent.
- Fake reviews and testimonials: The website displays some reviews and testimonials from customers who claim to be satisfied with their purchases. However, these reviews and testimonials are likely to be fake or fabricated, as they do not have any verifiable details such as names, dates or photos. Moreover, some of the reviews are identical to those found on other scam websites.
- No secure payment methods: The website does not offer any secure payment methods such as PayPal or credit cards. Instead, it only accepts payments through Zelle or Cash App, which are peer-to-peer payment services that do not offer any buyer protection or dispute resolution. This means that customers have no recourse if they do not receive their products or if they receive defective or wrong products.
How to avoid online shopping scams?
Online shopping scams are becoming more common and sophisticated, especially during peak shopping seasons such as holidays or festivals. Therefore, customers should be careful and vigilant when shopping online and follow some tips to avoid falling victim to such scams. Some of these tips are:
- Do your research: Before you shop at any online store, you should do some research about the store and its reputation. You can check the domain name registration details, customer reviews, social media presence and contact information of the store. You can also use tools such as Scamadviser or Trustpilot to check the trust score and ratings of the store.
- Compare prices and products: You should compare the prices and products offered by different online stores and look for any discrepancies or anomalies. If you find a product that is significantly cheaper or better than its competitors, you should be wary and investigate further. You should also check the product details, features and specifications carefully and look for any inconsistencies or errors.
- Use secure payment methods: You should always use secure payment methods such as PayPal or credit cards when shopping online. These payment methods offer buyer protection and dispute resolution in case you encounter any problems with your order. You should avoid using payment methods such as Zelle or Cash App, which do not offer any security or guarantees.
- Check your statements and receipts: You should always check your statements and receipts after making an online purchase and look for any unauthorized or fraudulent charges. You should also keep a record of your order confirmation, tracking number and delivery details. If you notice any issues or discrepancies with your order, you should contact the seller immediately and report them to your bank or payment provider.
Veuem.com is an online store that claims to sell items like jewelry, hair rollers, handheld sewing machines and more at cheap prices. However, the store has many red flags that indicate that it may not be trustworthy or legitimate. Customers should be cautious and avoid shopping at Veuem.com or similar websites that display signs of online shopping scams. Customers should also follow some tips to avoid falling victim to such scams and protect their money and personal information.