If you are a fan of basketball, you might have wondered if Davion Mitchell and Donovan Mitchell are brothers or related in some way. After all, they share the same initials, last name, jersey number, position, and even birthday month. However, the truth is that they are not related at all, despite their striking similarities. Here are some facts about the two NBA stars and how they are different from each other.
Who is Davion Mitchell?
Davion Mitchell is a rookie guard for the Sacramento Kings, who drafted him with the ninth overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft. He played college basketball for Baylor University, where he helped the Bears win their first-ever national championship in 2021. He was named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year and the NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player for his stellar performance.
Mitchell is known for his elite defense, dynamic shot creation, and improved three-point shooting. He averaged 14 points, 5.5 assists, 2.7 rebounds, and 1.9 steals per game while shooting 51% from the field and 44% from beyond the arc in his junior year at Baylor. He is often compared to Utah Jazz star Donovan Mitchell because of their similar playing style and physical attributes.
Who is Donovan Mitchell?
Donovan Mitchell is a star guard for the Utah Jazz, who drafted him with the 13th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft. He played college basketball for Louisville University, where he averaged 15.6 points, 4.9 rebounds, 2.7 assists, and 2.1 steals per game in his sophomore year.
Mitchell is known for his explosive scoring, athleticism, and leadership. He has been an All-Star twice and has led the Jazz to the best record in the NBA in the 2020-21 season. He averaged 26.4 points, 5.2 assists, 4.4 rebounds, and 1 steal per game while shooting 44% from the field and 38% from beyond the arc in his fourth year in the league. He is also a clutch performer who has scored over 50 points twice in the playoffs.
How are Davion Mitchell and Donovan Mitchell Similar?
Davion Mitchell and Donovan Mitchell have several similarities that make them look like brothers or relatives. Here are some of them:
- They have the same initials (D.M.) and last name (Mitchell).
- They wear the same jersey number (45) in college and in the NBA (although Davion switched to 15 for the Kings).
- They play the same position (guard) and have a similar playing style (aggressive, versatile, and competitive).
- They have a similar height (6’2″ for Davion and 6’1″ for Donovan) and wingspan (6’4″ for both).
- They have a similar appearance (dark skin, curly hair, and facial features).
- They have a similar birthday month (September) and are only two days apart (Donovan was born on September 7, 1996, while Davion was born on September 5, 1998).
How are Davion Mitchell and Donovan Mitchell Different?
Despite their similarities, Davion Mitchell and Donovan Mitchell are not related at all and have different backgrounds and personalities. Here are some of their differences:
- They were born in different states (Davion in Georgia and Donovan in New York) and grew up in different cities (Davion in Hinesville and Donovan in Greenwich).
- They have different parents (Davion’s parents are LaShawn Jones and David Mitchell Jr., while Donovan’s parents are Nicole and Donovan Mitchell Sr.) and siblings (Davion has a brother named Deshawn Jones, while Donovan has a sister named Jordan Mitchell).
- They attended different high schools (Davion went to Liberty County High School and Donovan went to Brewster Academy) and colleges (Davion transferred from Auburn University to Baylor University and Donovan stayed at Louisville University).
- They have different nicknames (Davion is called “Off Night” because of his defense and Donovan is called “Spida” because of his athleticism).
- They have different hobbies and interests (Davion likes fishing and playing video games, while Donovan likes reading and playing chess).
Davion Mitchell and Donovan Mitchell are not related despite having striking similarities. They are both talented NBA players who have made a name for themselves with their hard work and dedication. They have also shown respect and admiration for each other on social media and in interviews. According to Sportsmanor, Donovan even wore Davion’s Baylor jersey before a Jazz game to show his support.
While they may not be brothers by blood, they are certainly brothers by basketball. They share a passion for the game and a desire to win. They also inspire many fans and young players with their skills and character. They are both Mitchells, and they are both stars.