Oppenheimer is an upcoming biopic of the famous J.Robert Oppenheimer under the direction of Christopher Nolan. Since the movie revolves around the father of the atomic bomb, some action accompanied by nuclear bombs is expected from the grand release. Apart from this, the movie is expanding now and hen with the addition of various famous faces along with already added a-listers. Scroll down more to get acquainted with the details of the upcoming biopic as well as the new faces added to the already star-packed movie.
The plot of the movie revolves around the father of the Atomic Bomb J. Robert Oppenheimer who was a scientist and invited that atomic bomb while leading the manhattan project. Christopher who since 2002 has released the movies under the warner bros production will mark its first release outside the production and under the banner of Universal pictures production by Oppenheimer.
Recently the movie witnessed the addition of certain cast members. The new faces include
- Rami Malek who was titled as one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine and receiver an oscar for his role in Bohemian Rhapsody is known for his works in The little things where the American actor played the lead role. He was even spotted in No Time To Die where he portrayed the role of a terrorist leader. The actor will now be joining the cast and is said to be seen in the role of a scientist.
- Florence Pugh who was nominated for an Oscar for her role of Amy March in the Little women and was even awarded with the academy award at the Cannes film festival held in 2019 is famous for her portrayal of Yelena Belova who is popularly known as Black Widow in the marvel production is joining the cast of the movie. She will be seen in the role of Jean Tatlock who is not only a member of the communist party of the US but even becomes a major security concern. She is even seen in an on-and-off affair with the lead character.
- Benny Safdie is one of the Safdie brothers and is famous for his direction of the crime thriller Uncut gems and Good times and for his portrayal in Obi-Wan Kenobi is also joining the long list of cast and crew.
Apart from these new faces, the cast of the upcoming biopic includes
- Cillian Murphy who is infamous for his role of a scarecrow in the dark night trilogy and even in Dunkirk will be playing the lead character who is a physics and helps in the intention of the bomb.
- Emily Blunt who earned the BAFTA award nomination for Best Actress in a leading role for her portrayal of an alcoholic Rachel Watson in the movie the girl on the train will be seen as Katherine “Kitty” Oppenheimer or the wife of Robert Oppenheimer.
- Matt Damon who was felicitated by the golden globe award for best actor for his role of an astronaut in The martian will be seen filling the role of lieutenant general Leslie groves who was the director of the manhattan project.
- Robert Downey Jr. who is known by everyone now for his excellent skills as Tony Stark or Iron Man in the Marvel franchise as well as for his leadership in Sherlock Homes will be seen appearing as the chairman of the atomic energy commission or Lewis Strauss.
The movie will begin its shooting and production work in early 2022 and is saved for 21 July 2023, Nolan directed the movie slot.